Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Polish Collection



When I first heard about these, I was SO excited.  Mainly because of Autumn Spice.  I love all things related to autumn: pumpkin spice, the changing weather, the color of the leaves as they change.  I knew I had to have Autumn Spice.  Once I found these at CVS and I saw the rest of the collection in person, I ended up picking up 4 all together: Autumn Spice, Bordeaux, China Flower, and Italian Leather.  I haven't bought any other scented nail polishes before but I'm really in love with these.

First of all, the bottles are just adorable.  I love the round handle on the brush, and the shape of the bottle is so chic.   I had read prior to purchasing these that the scent doesn't show up until the polish is dry on the nail.  So please don't try to open these at the store to get a whiff.  All you will smell is nail polish.

All swatches have 2 coats + top coat.


Revlon Parfumerie Bordeaux


I saw a few swatches online before I decided on Bordeaux.  When I found out it smelled like wine, I knew it had to be mine.  I love red wine and to have a nail polish that smells like wine - heck yeah!  The color is a gorgeous creamy red that was easy to apply.  Once the polish dried, I started to notice the scent.  I don't think it smells exactly like red wine.  Its a very very sweet, fruity scent.  I even compared the smell to actual red wine.  They do have similar notes, but Bordeaux is much sweeter smelling than the Merlot.  


Artificial Light

Artificial Light

Artificial Light

With Flash


Revlon Parfumerie Italian Leather


Italian leather is a greenish grey base with a subtle bronze shimmer.  It was super easy to apply.  The scent is hard to describe.  Once it dried, I noticed the sweetness right away.  The sweetness was similar to that of Bordeaux but with different notes.  It did have a subtle leather smell to it.  Maybe after the scent wears off from wear, the sweetness wears away and the leather smell becomes more prominent.  I'll have to test that out!   I did notice while swatching Italian Leather that it looked very familiar.  I'm pretty sure its a dupe of Essie Armed & Ready.  See my bottle comparison below.  I'm planning a side by side nail comparison here soon!


Artificial Light

With Flash

Dupes?



Revlon Parfumerie China Flower


This color was nearly impossible to capture with my Nikon Cool Pix Camera.  I would post pictures, but they were so completely OFF that I don't want to confuse anyone!  That camera wasn't picking up the brightness of China Flower.  The color is a coral or orangey pink leaning a little more red. Its seriously gorgeous.  It might not be super unique but I don't have anything like it in my stash so I snatched it up.  I'm not a huge fan of floral scents, so I didn't care much whether it smelled like flowers. To me, the scent was again very sweet but had a floral scent to it once it was fully dry.  I need to give it more time on my nails to get a good sense of the real smell.  

These pictures were taken with an iPhone 5.  They still aren't 100% color accurate but as close as I could manage with my lighting situation.  It looks like red here, but in real life it has more orange to it.  


Artificial Light

Artificial Light


Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice

This is my absolute favorite out of the collection!  Like I said above, I'm a huge fan of autumn scents and colors.  I knew I was going to love this one, a lot.  The formula was great and went on with ease.  The base is dark brown with a copper shimmer.  Once the scent was completely dry, it was sweet just like the other 3.  But after wearing it for 24 hours, I really started to smell the cinnamon and nutmeg come through much better.  I'm in LOVE with this polish.  I may need to put it back on for my Thanksgiving Day mani!


Artificial Light

Artificial Light

With Flash

Sunlight


Overall, I'm really pleased with the four polishes I got from this collection.  The colors are fantastic, the scents are sophisticated and fun, and the bottles and brushes are simple and chic.  If you haven't picked up any from this collection yet, I suggest you hunt them down!  


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment