Formula X for Sephora Astrolady Swatch & Review

Astrolady is a texture polish from Formula X for Sephora.  It is described as a "pink + gold textured glitter." It is part of the Celestials collection and is new for Spring 2014.

I'll admit, when I purchased this I hadn't looked into any of the new collections so I had NO idea it was a texture.  When I began to swatch, I realized it wasn't a normal polish consistency.  I immediately did some research and realized its meant as a textured polish!

First up are swatches using 2 coats, no top coat

Diffused, Artificial Light



Direct Artificial Light




Flash for the sparklez

I really love this as a texture, but of course I had to see how it looked with topcoat!  I used 1 coat of Gelous and 1 Coat of NYC Grand Central Station. 


Diffused, Artificial Light




Direct Artificial Light




Flash O.o


Overall I'm loving this textured polish.  I probably should have done 1 more coat for fuller opacity but it turned out pretty decent with 2.  The formula went on very easy and dried fairly quick.  I think I want to look into picking up a few more of these.  The amount of sparkle is insane.  I wish it came through better in my pictures!


Have you picked up any of the Spring collection from Formula X? Which polishes are you loving from this collection?


xoxo Danele

No comments:

Post a Comment