Fancy Schmancy Thanksgiving Negative Space Nails

It's Thanksgiving Week!  Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays.  Any day when I can eat all of my favorite foods in enormous proportions is a good day to me!

I came up with these negative space nails to wear this week and they feel SO fancy schmancy to me!  Anything with gold shimmer and gold flakies and deep maroon (as my friend Jen AggiesDoitBetter calls it) is super fancy in my eyes.  They almost look regal, but the colors say Thanksgiving to me.



Follow the jump to see more pictures of these nails and get more details on how I created this look!




To create this look I used all OPI polish: Changing of the Garnet (which is totally vintage black label AND my birthstone!) Love.Angel.Music.Baby. and Pure 18k white gold flakies.  

First I placed a single chevron nail vinyl on my bare nail and painted below the vinyl with LAMB.  Then I placed another chevron nail vinyl over the base, along with a skinny straight vinyl and painted over that with Changing of the Garnet. To finish the look, I painted the gold flakies over the maroon parts only.   I finished off the look with Essie Good to Go top coat. 


What do you think about this look? What are you wearing on your nails this holiday? 



As always, thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment