Icy Textured Gradient

Hey guys!

Life is so busy right now.  We have several holiday parties this week, I'm preparing my class for their upcoming Christmas program at school, AND I've been buying/wrapping gifts for family, friends, and our Secret Santa polish exchange!  Somehow with all of this, my new small business, and a full time job I still find time to paint my nails.  Thank god I do because I love it too much to not have time for it!

I recently did these icy frozen-esque nails and wore them for several days.  They were super easy!



Follow the jump for a pictorial on how I created this look!





I used 2 polishes: Zoya Tomoko and OPI Get Your Number.  I also used a makeup wedge sponge. 



First, I painted my nails with a base of Zoya Tomoko - this gorgeous white gold texture. 




On the sponge, I then painted a stripe of OPI Get Your Number on top and a stripe of Zoya Tomoko underneath.  I then gently dabbed the sponge onto the nail.  These textures blended so easily, I barely had to do any work!



I love how Get Your Number has some larger holographic glitters and how they caught the light in some of my photos. 


Gradients are one of my favorite types of nail art.  They are messy to clean up, but otherwise they are fairly quick and simple!  What is your go-to simple nail art?  Leave a comment below - I'd love to hear!


I hope everyone is having a great week so far - thanks for stopping by!






4 comments

  1. How can I follow you? You have amazing hands for art....I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,

      In the right hand column under the heading followers is how you can follow my blog. You can also follow me on instagram @lowcountrylacquer.

      Hope this helps!,
      Danele

      Delete