OPI Holly-Day Nails + Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 Swatches

December is here and you know what that means.....Holiday nail art galore!  Really, why would you wear any other kind of nail art this month?  You wouldn't.  That's what I thought :)






I created these "Holly-day" nails using all OPI polish!  I also have swatches of a few polishes from the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 Collection.  Follow the jump below to see these pictures up close.





First up are swatches from the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 Collection.  From this collection, I purchased What's Your Point-settia? and Christmas Gone Plaid.  This collection has a ton of reds and purples.  I mean A TON!  I don't have an issue with reds and purples but when an entire collection is the same color in multiple shades and finishes I tend to get a little....bored.  Oddly enough, I chose to purchase a red and the only green from this collection.


What's Your Point-settia? is a bright, warm-toned red creme that goes on smoothly in 2 coats.  Beware, this one is a stainer, as most reds typically are.  I had a very difficult time getting this off my cuticles during clean up.  You will notice this color looks a bit different in my other pictures.  This is due to lighting differences.  This swatch picture was taken under an artificial daylight lamp, while the other pictures were taken in sunlight and natural shade.







Next is Christmas Gone Plaid, a forest green creme.  I can't lie, I bought this partly because of the name.  I also don't own many darker green cremes so it is a nice addition to my collection.  This is 3 coats, the formula is smooth and very pigmented.





I know, I know....this next swatch is NOT from the Holiday 2014 collection.  This polish is My Favorite Ornament from the 2013 Mariah Carey collection.  I'm not sure why I waited THIS LONG to get this polish.  I recently found it at Marshall's for super cheap and decided to finally get it.  And I am so glad I did!  It is absolutely gorgeous and I knew I had to include a swatch of this incase anyone else needs convincing.  This is 3 coats.  






I used all three of these polishes to create some "Holly-day" nail art.  First is a picture in direct sunlight, followed by a picture in natural shaded light.  These two pictures really show the true colors of these polishes.  To create the holly accent I used acrylic paints, a fine nail art brush, and a dotting tool.  


Direct sunlight


Natural, shaded light



These three polishes work perfectly together to create some beautiful Christmas nail art!  Which polishes did you pick up from this collection? I would love to hear your thoughts on this collection - leave a comment below!


As always, thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment