I Love Nail Polish Birefringence Review

GUYS.


Today I bring you the king of all multichromes* - Birefringence by I Love Nail Polish.  This polish is truly stunning.  I don't know what took me so long to order from this brand, but I am so glad I finally bit the bullet!  This will be the first post of many reviews on some seriously stunning polishes by I Love Nail Polish.

* (a multichrome is a polish with a shimmer finish that shifts through many different colors depending on the light)






Follow the jump to see a kajillion pictures and my honest review of Birefringence.




Birefringence is a beautiful multichrome nail polish that shifts from blue to purple, pink, orange, and even a touch of green at the right angle.  This polish is described as an "ultra chrome" which means it does not need a base coat to make the colors pop.  The ILNP website suggests 2 coats on a bare nail for full opacity.

Honestly, I did not know the website said this until after I swatched this polish.  For my swatch, I did a black base coat on 3 of the 4 nails.  One nail is 3 coats of Birefringence on its own.  Can you guess which finger does not have the black base coat?  I will reveal the answer at the bottom of this post!

Formula/Application:  The formula of this polish is very smooth and application was a breeze.  It may appear streaky at first but as it dries those streaks dissolve into beautiful multichrome bliss.

Many, many pictures ahead.  You've been warned.

 Under a daylight lamp



Under a daylight lamp



Under a daylight lamp



Under a daylight lamp



Under a daylight lamp


sunlight


sunlight

sunlight

sunlight

sunlight

sunlight

sunlight


Are you drooling yet?!  Seriously.  Gorgeous.  Amazing.  Did you figure out which nail doesn't have a black base coat?  If you guessed my pointer finger, you guessed correctly!  

As if I would stop the amazingness there....I decided to add a trifecta of ILNP Ultra Chrome Flakies on top of Birefringence.  And it truly did not disappoint.  I topped Birefringence with one coat each of Gaia, Supernova, and Electric Carnival.  Such a gorgeous combination!  I will have a separate post reviewing the Ultra Chrome Flakies I purchased. 

Under a daylight lamp



shaded, natural light

I think I'm in love!  My fascination with flakie nail polishes has grown exponentially (which I didn't think was possible!)  

Do you own any I Love Nail Polish polishes?  Which ones are your favorite?  Comment below with your recommendations!


Thanks for stopping by!





For more information on ILNP:






2 comments

  1. Gorgeous shots of the multichrome shifts! I just love multichromes but it's never cloudy enough here in Cali to rock them often enough!

    ReplyDelete